A few words from some of our previous customers.
"I have been hugely positively surprised by their professionalism"
I contracted Sculleries in June this year to do a variety of changes to kitchen, bed and laundry rooms, principally woodwork. They were recommended to me by a friend who said they were great. That said I have been hugely positively surprised by their professionalism, timeliness, quality of communications, and stunning quality of work. Every person I have met has been pleasant, professional and cant do enough for you. I wouldn't go anywhere else for this type of work. Stunning company....
- David Ingram
"excellent design detail"
I really enjoyed working with this company - the product is amazing and well built with excellent design detail and the installers were fantastic.
- Balance Property Ltd
"The installation process was excellent"
I’m writing this review a year after our kitchen was installed by Sculleries. A year on, I still love it. The workmanship is first class and everything feels as solid as the day it was installed. The planning took a while before we got everything tweaked and planned out exactly the way we wanted it. The installation process was excellent. The workmen did a brilliant job and in three days my kitchen was complete. Sculleries provided their own decorator to paint our kitchen units once the kitchen was installed. I just wish he lived closer so I could call on him for the rest of the house! I would use Sculleries again without hesitation but doubt I’ll need them for a very long time as the kitchen is built to last!
- Winnie Newlands
"The design works extremely well"
The design works extremely well and the quality of the workmanship is excellent. All of the crafts[men] put their heart and soul into the project.
- Roger Dickinson
"Every aspect of Brian's service has been extraordinary."
Having tried four design manufacturers, I was introduced to Sculleries through a delighted customer who was a friend, and I write this a few months later sitting in the nicest kitchen in Scotland. EVERY aspect of Brian's service has been extraordinary, and the design & execution of every aspect has exceeded high expectations. We damaged the island oak after a massive and slightly reckless party & the whole thing was fixed effortlessly in days.
|'ve recommended them since to a friend who has just taken delivery and they're absolutely delighted with their new kitchen.
- Ellis Watson
"We unreservedly recommend this firm."
From our very first visit to Sculleries in Perth we were impressed by the professionalism of Brian and Adam. Considerable care and thought went into the design of our kitchen and we were delighted with the final drawings. They made every effort to accommodate a changing time scale imposed by us and when the goods and men arrived on site evey aspect of the job was completed to a very high standard. We can't praise the tesm highly enough. All snagging, very little, has been dealt with timeously and with no quibble. We unreservedly recommend this firm.
"An excellent service from start to finish"
Knowledgeable, helpful and patient professionals in the design team and the tradesmen where nothing was too much trouble. I would have no hesitation in recommending this company and hope to use them again for our bathrooms in the future.
"They provided a top class service from the beginning of the project to the end."
Sculleries completely re-vamped our kitchen, including re-wiring the electrics, underfloor heating and tiling the floor - all to an excellent standard. They provided a top class service from the beginning of the project to the end, all the staff going the extra mile. I absolutely love my kitchen and can quite happily spend the day in it. It is hand painted in Farrow and Ball Slipper Satin and the island in Brinjal with granite work tops in cashmere mist. They have amazing ideas and really listen to what you want too. I am sure you will be very satisfied with the services offered by this company, I certainly have been!
- Mr and Mrs Beverland
"It really looks fantastic and has that wow factor that we were hoping to create"
Just want to say a big thank you for our new kitchen. It really looks fantastic and has that wow factor that we were hoping to create. Although ultimately decisions were ours, your guidance through every stage of the process was much appreciated.
While the quality of the "furniture" is undoubtedly superb, ultimatly, the finished article will only be as good as the craftsmen who fit it. And in Drew and Fraser you clearly have two of the very best. They were fantastic and gave us every confidence from day 1 that things would go according to plan. The quality of their workmanship is there for all to see. Similarly with Ali's decoration which finished everything off so well.
- Pat & Mike
"We are enjoying the extension and kitchen hugely!"
Thank you so much for designing and fitting our beautiful new kitchen - your work has been first class. We are enjoying the extension and kitchen hugely!
"We wanted a modern look but did not wish to compromise on quality"
The Sculleries team provided us with a first class product and an outstanding service from initial design all the way to final installation. We wanted a modern look but did not wish to compromise on quality. Sculleries were able to create a wonderful contemporary space for us with all the quality of handmade furniture and outstanding finishes. Working with Sculleries was an exciting and pleasurable experience.
- Mrs Rennie
"It was a major project involving a reconfiguration of one part of our house"
We have recently completed a project with Brian (Sculleries of Stockbridge). For us, it was a major project involving a reconfiguration of one part of our house including a kitchen, utility room and downstairs WC. The total project took c12 weeks from commencement of the onsite work and the project cost was considerable, albeit we spent about two months on and off with Brian before the build started, getting the design for the project specified.
We have a grade 2 listed house from the late Georgian period and so we were keen to find someone who had experience working with sensitivity in a period home. We talked to 5 potential kitchen designers, all based in Scotland. In our opinion 3 could have done a good job for us, but we chose Brian for the following reasons:-
- we liked him, his personality and approach to our situation (he listens to your requests and responds flexibly, although he can also guide you with the benefit of his experience)
- his design concept which was thoughtful and visually appealing
- he is enthusiastic about you and excited about your project (you don't feel like just another job)
- his use of high end visualisation software which enabled him to quickly adapt designs and demonstrate the outcome of changes
- his confidence that he could manage and introduce is to all the trades required on the project and would be in charge of the project all the way through
- the quality and bespoke nature of the wooden furniture that he would have made for us (we made several visits to his showroom in Edinburgh to see examples during the design phase
- we had a reference on his work from a friend who lives locally and highly recommended him and his team and the product/build quality
We have just finished the project (even the very last inevitable tiny snagging bits) and we are thoroughly satisfied with the end result and how we got there. The summary is that we would absolutely and unreservedly recommend Brian to anyone. We would however offer some additional comments to add context:
- the critical bit of the project was the fit out itself. Brian uses a dedicated father & son team Drew & Fraser Wilson. You will be seeing and living with the fit out team a lot longer than you will be with Brian himself! Getting that relationship right we think is crucial. We don't know if Brian proposes to use Drew & Fraser Wilson on your job, but whoever is proposed has to match up to their craftsmanship and service delivery.
- We really could feel how closely Drew & Fraser they have worked with Brian and his furniture manufacturer over a long period. This made the project flow seamlessly from design to fit out without any drama or confusion or mistakes. On a job like ours, we could see the potential for problems all over the place, but it was all dealt with behind the scenes and we were never troubled in any way. For example, when 10 lads from the stone masons arrive with 3 tonnes of granite work tops and two sets of stone steps, various bits of preparatory building work need to have been done on time and measured very precisely! Between Brian and Drew, all the supplier issues (electricians, appliance manufacturers, tiling, plastering, decorating, specialist joinery, stonemasons) were taken care of quickly and efficiently. This was also commented upon by our friends who had a kitchen fitted earlier in the year.
- Mr Robins
"We are truly indebted to you for your care, courtesy, superb craftsmanship and professionalism"
As it so happens, Friday 18 June is my birthday and what finer present could I have than the new kitchen which was completed today.
Dorothy and I wish to express our sincere thanks and appreciation for your respective skills and craftsmanship, and indeed those of John and Kevin our plumbers, Alan and James our venetian artists and Tracey (and her colleague) who so caringly oversaw the granite. We are so grateful for the careful management of the work and the great communication that was sustained throughout. This has been a great 'buying' experience for us and we are truly indebted to you for your care, courtesy, superb craftsmanship and professionalism. It has been a delight to meet you all and as future business opportunities arise (i.e when we get to the next room!), we will be in touch with you.
We wish you all very well as the Sculleries business develops and we will certainly be enthusiastic advocates for the business as opportunities arise within our circle.
Thank you all very much indeed.
- Dorothy and Iain
"We are all delighted with the kitchen"
We are all delighted with the kitchen, it is looking lovely and very much appreciated. Please thank all of your team for their hard work in spite of all of the snow and ice, happy Xmas to you all and best wishes for next year.
- Pam, Charlie, Chloe & Rosie
"We are now really beginning to enjoy what is a fantastic family kitchen"
I want to say thank you to you and your team for the excellent job you have all done over the past few weeks. We are now really beginning to enjoy what is a fantastic family kitchen.
- Jen & Roy
"Attention to detail coupled with the concise information, communication and courtesy"
I couldn't stop myself from writing to tell you just how much of a difference it has been working with such a professional team. From the floor tiling through electrics, plumbing & installation of our beautiful kitchen, through to the hand painting and final touches I still can't believe the transformation. Furthermore your attention to detail coupled with the concise information, communication and courtesy of all of your team make Sculleries a stand out for me.
Keep up the good work!
Ready to learn a bit more?Request Brochure